The Jewish Chronicle January 2010 to present: As Associate Editor, managing staff, generating story ideas, writing and reporting and maintaining web presence of this weekly Jewish newspaper.
Indianapolis Star June 2009 to present: Through the Pulliam Fellowship, writing feature stories, shooting/editing multimedia content and live blogging, June to August 2009. Freelance writing, August 2009 to October 2010. Editing/assigning music section of the Star’s Metromix, November 2010 to present.
Paste Magazine August 2009 to present: Editorial intern writing, researching and reporting news and feature stories, as well as fact checking, August 2009 to December 2009. Contributing writer, December 2009 to present.
Spinner.com July 2009 to present: Contributing writer to AOL’s music blog, writing news, features and concert reviews.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette December 2007 to present: Writing and reporting articles on arts and culture, including event reviews and feature stories. Also writing all copy for special section of Post-Gazette sold at summer concert venue Post-Gazette Pavilion.
The Pitt News May 2007 to May 2009 : Arts and Entertainment Editor, editing student copy, laying out section of daily paper, contributing weekly music column and feature stories. Contributing editor to News section.
Pittsburgh City Paper January 2008 to present: Arts and Entertainment internship, January to May 2008, reporting on local events. Contributing arts and culture writer, May 2008 to present.
Student Health 101 January 2008 to present: Staff writer for this online health journal, contributing pieces on student-related fitness and health topics.
Lancaster Intelligencer Journal January 2004 to May 2005: Staff Writer for Freestyle section, contributing reviews, artist features and columns.
Additional Writing Experience
- Billboard Magazine, contributing writer
- Relix Magazine, contributing writer
- The AutoPilot Magazine, contributing writer
- My Old Kentucky Blog, contributor
Additional Leadership Experience
- Student president of Hillel Jewish University Center of the University of Pittsburgh, January to December 2007.
- Unit Leader of Pinemere Camp, June to August 2006-2007.
- Brother of Zeta Beta Tau fraternity, holding positions including Philanthropy Chair and Social Chair, January 2006 to Present.
- UWIRE 100 winner, 2009.
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association’s Gold Circle Award: Third place, general humor category, 2008.
- Pennsylvania Newspaper Association’s Keystone Press Awards: Honorable mention, personality profile, 2009.
- Koeberlein Award for Excellence in Journalism, from The Pitt News, 2009.
- Voted Best Columnist by students of University of Pittsburgh for weekly Just In It For The Music column in The Pitt News, 2006 and 2007.
University of Pittsburgh Graduated April 2009. Majored in English Writing and Religious Studies.
References available on request